Analogue Drums Monotown KONTAKT-KRock
13-06-2012 | DISCOVER RELEASE | KONTAKT | 1.23GB
Feel the funk and do it anyway
Inspired by the drums of Motown, Stax and sweet R’n’B from yesteryear comes Monotown. It will drive home the beat to old school funk, soul, rhythm and blues. It’ll also fit the bill for current indy and pop where organic production qualities are desired.
Five individually controllable mic perspectives let you dial the sound between 60s, 70s, trashy, indy or anything in between.
The kit sampled is a vintage 1970s Rogers USA-made “Big R” maple, with vintage ’60s Zildjian and Paiste cymbals, and tambourines. The kit comes with two switchable snare options – Rogers Dynasonic and Ludwig Supraphonic, and two tambourine options.
And one more thing… it’s in mono.
Keywords: Motown, stax, soul, garage, surf, rockabilly, proto-ska, 60s, 70s, 50s, indy, lofi, organic
• Multi-sampling: each key contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics. Hihats are extensively sampled for convincing realism with 9 articulations (tip, tight, closed, loose, looser, semi-open, open, pedaled, footsplash).
• Mic layers: 5x individually controllable microphone perspectives: Coles 4038 front-of-kit; Coles 4038 over kit; RCA 44 over kit, RE20 underside, and Neumann U67 room.
• Round-robin: natural performance is possible thanks to 6 round-robin hits for each dynamic layer on every instrument.
• Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum mapping layouts provided. The keyboard layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
• Output routing: mono and multi-channel output versions provided.
• Kontakt instrument interface: with volume and mic controls.
• Instrument swap: instantly change the snare drum and tambourine sounds at the press of a button
• Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
• Presets: for quickly changing sounds.
• Trigger maps: for sound replacement
• Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 3 or greater
• Hard drive with 2.5 GB of available space
• 2GB RAM
• 1GHz processor
• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VIsta/7, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
This product can be loaded with free Kontakt Player however there is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
The wav format audio files supplied with this product can also be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no ‘mappings’ are provided or support is given for this.